Whether you can give us 2 hours or two days of your time to help, we would love to hear from you.
To volunteer at the Heugh Battery Museum you must be over 18 years of age.
We currently have vacancies in the following areas:
Kitchen: we need help in our kitchen/cafe on Saturdays and Sundays. Duties would include taking orders, making tea and coffee, clearing tables, washing up, preparing simple salads or other meals.
Reception: we need help in our reception/gift shop area on Saturday and Sunday. Duties include keeping the reception area clean and tidy, greeting visitors and taking payment for entry and gift shop items.
Tour Guides: we need people who are interested in First World War history and local history to help guide school groups when they visit the museum. Full training will be given by experienced School Tour Guides at the museum. School groups usually visit the museum on weekdays between 10am and 2pm. Tour Guides are also needed during our public opening hours (Saturday – Sunday 10am to 4pm or Friday – Monday 10am to 5pm in summer) to provide information to visitors of all ages.
To apply to volunteer at the museum
- please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01429 270746 to request an application form
- Once we have received your completed form you will be invited for a short interview with the museum Manager
- After discussing your application and the vacancy you are interested in, the Manager will put your application to the Board of Directors
- Once the Board is happy with the application you will be offered a date to attend for induction
- All volunteers are taken on a trial basis for 6 weeks