Heugh Battery Museum is situated on the Headland in Hartlepool. The museum aims to educate its visitors to a live WW1 battlefield – North East Bombardment. Open to the public at weekends. Groups and Private tours catered for during the week by request.
The aims and objectives of the Heugh Gun Battery Trust Limited, as quoted in the Memorandum and Articles of Association, are to:
- Provide and develop local historic sites.
- Promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment.
- Promote the conservation of the physical and natural environment by developing a local historic site on the Headland of Hartlepool for the benefit of the public.
In carrying out the aims and objectives the company will also focus on:
- Providing skill training relevant to the needs of the project.
- Develop employment generating initiatives that will be seen as sustaining employment opportunities.
- Encouraging volunteers to participate in the regeneration programme of the area.
- Developing and improving the environment by preserving buildings and sites of historic importance, and develop environmentally sympathetic initiatives that will encourage regeneration to work in harmony with the local environment.